National Data Innovation Centre (NDIC), a part of the National Council of Applied Economic Research, seeks to build a community of scholars interested in the collection and analysis of survey data and contribute to the development of the field of survey methodology in India. NDIC seeks to develop a community of young scholars through a year-long non-residential fellowship program.
Key output of this program will be a high-quality measurement brief that will address some domains of human development, broadly defined. For example, it may explore consistencies and inconsistencies in existing data, evaluate the applicability of international methodologies to the Indian context, or propose new data collection methodologies.
Request for Proposal (RFP)
- NCAER-NDIC Data Innovation fellows will have an opportunity to participate in a network for Fellows, researchers, and practitioners to hone their skills, and network with individuals with shared interests.
- This is a non-residential program designed for early career scholars. Ph.D. students and individuals who obtained Ph.D. in 2018 or later in any social science field or data sciences with a social data focus are eligible to apply.
- The Fellowship will be for a year starting from August 2023. While this fellowship is limited to Indian residents, relocation to Delhi is not required. We particularly seek to enhance geographical and gender diversity in the network.
- The last date for submission of proposals has lapsed. Detailed information is available here.
List of Fellows:
- Ashwin Tripathi, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
- Akancha Singh, International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS)
- Dibyendu Biswas, International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS)
- Krishanu Chakraborty, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Md. Juel Rana, G. B. Pant Social Science Institute (GBPSSI)
- Nawaj Sarif, International Institute for Population Sciences
- Nishat Anjum, Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Rahul Karnamadakala Sharma, Centre for Policy Research, India
- Rufi Shaikh, International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS)
- Subarna Banerjee, Shiv Nadar University
- Saurabh Singh, International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS)
- Usama Ghayas Syed, Doctoral Candidate, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Vijayamba.R, Centre for Sustainable Employment