The Statistical Programmer will support NDIC activities by working with India Human Development Survey, an internationally collaborative research program. He or she will:
- Develop STATA programs to extract, transform, create analytical datasets from primary surveys, and other secondary data sources.
- Contribute to validation & data quality checks of the primary survey data sets, construction of weights (multipliers) etc.
- Perform analysis of data using statistical/econometric methods.
- Implement non-routine macros and advanced techniques to combine data from different data sources and databases.
- Create final data files, data dictionary and other related documentation for public release following global standards.
- Respond to user queries about data and file construction.
- Master’s degree and 3 years of related work experience
- Proficiency in STATA programming
- Experience in creating analytical data sets from large-scale data sets by applying data management and statistical/econometric research methods using STATA software
- Familiarity with Statistical methods and related programming skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientation and ability to maintain documentation
- Master’s degree in Computer Applications, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Demography or a related field
- Experience with using and analysis of large-scale primary survey data such as National Sample Surveys, PLFS, NFHS, Census etc.
- Prior work experience in academic or research institutes
- Experience of working with diverse research teams
Appointment Term and Compensation
- Initial appointment for one year will be renewed based on satisfactory performance.
- This position offers a salary that is fully competitive and commensurate with the experience of the right candidate.
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV, with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “STATA Programmer”.
- For fullest consideration, please apply by June 5, 2023.
The position will remain open until filled.