NCAER is India’s oldest and largest independent, non-profit, economic research institute. It does grant-funded research, studies for governments and industry, and is one of the few think tanks globally that also collect primary data. National Data Innovation Centre (NDIC) is located within NCAER to serve as a laboratory for experiments in data collection, interfacing with partners in think tanks, Indian and international universities, and government. NDIC is an important core of NCAER’s long-standing data collection activities.
The Field Trainer will support India Human Development Survey, located within NDIC by:
- Training interviewers in undertaking surveys using computerized data collection
- Responding to queries from the field
- Monitoring of the quality of data and providing on-the ground supervision as needed
- Extensive travel across states of India for training, field surveys and related services is expected
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, communication or similar fields.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in conducting and managing field surveys and enumerator training in different parts of the country.
- For candidates with at least 10 years of experience in managing surveys, requirement of a Bachelor’s degree may be considered.
- Knowledge of a variety of training tools and multimedia techniques
- Experience with data collection using computers/tablets
- Experience with software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work flexibly with large teams and multiple stakeholders, and deeply held core ethical values
- Strong time management, multi-tasking and organisational skills and the ability to keep up with tight project schedules and deliverables
- Knowledge of Hindi and English is a must and regional languages is desirable.
- Willingness to travel
Appointment Term and Compensation:
- Initial appointment for six months will be renewed based on satisfactory performance.
- This position offers a salary that is fully competitive and commensurate with the experience of the right candidate.